Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience in High-Profile Criminal Cases and Serious Charges
If you have been charged with a serious crime, look for two key characteristics in a law firm: focus and experience. Is the firm’s practice concentrated on criminal defense, or is it a general law firm? How long have the attorneys been practicing criminal defense? How many jury trials have they handled? At Kevin J. Kulik, P.A. we have been practicing criminal law exclusively for nearly 30 years. Kevin Kulik got his start in the prosecutor’s office in 1985 and was soon hired as a criminal defense attorney. Since then, he has defended thousands of clients facing serious charges. It takes more than knowledge and experience — It takes a passion for justice. When we work for you, we also work with you. We listen to your story, we explain the process and we provide options. Isn’t that the kind of legal representation you need? Contact our Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorneys today.
We develop state and federal criminal defense strategies
The difference between state and federal crimes is not as simple as severity. After all, most homicides are state crimes that carry serious penalties. The difference between the laws and the procedures is quite substantial. You need a Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney who understands those differences and has experience providing state and federal defense.
We have successfully defended clients in Florida state criminal matters including:
- Criminal Defense
We are experienced Fort Lauderdale federal criminal defense attorneys with an excellent track record in matters regarding:
- Federal Crimes
We aren’t afraid to take on the most complex criminal cases — and we have 500 jury trials under our belt to prove it
The Benefits of Working with an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
There are myriad benefits associated with hiring a criminal defense attorney who is experienced in criminal law and is passionate about defending your rights. When you hire a criminal defense attorney after being charged with a crime, you are:
- Working with an individual whose sole purpose is to defend your rights. The job of a criminal defense attorney is to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the judicial process, and that your criminal case is resolved in the best possible way for you. Having skilled legal representation on your side can make a huge difference in your case.
- Improving your chances of charges against you being dropped or reduced. It is important that you understand that criminal charges are not the same thing as a criminal conviction. The earlier that you hire a criminal defense attorney, the earlier your attorney can begin building a strong defense, and the chances of the charges against you being dropped or reduced significantly are improved.
- Boosting your understanding of the law. One of the biggest problems with the criminal defense system is that too often, those charged with a crime hardly understand the charges against them, let alone how to defend themselves and how the criminal procedure works. Many defendants have little knowledge of their constitutional rights – when you hire an attorney, you are choosing to work with someone who can guide you through everything you need to know, including the charges, defenses to the charges, possible sentencing if a conviction is handed down, your right to appeal, and more.
- Building a strong defense. The crux of a criminal defense case is building a strong defense that proves your innocence, results in lesser charges, or helps to have the sentence against you reduced. Remember, you are innocent until proven guilty; your attorney can help you to gather the evidence – and organize it in a compelling manner – to demonstrate your innocence.
- Choosing an advocate you can trust. Being charged with a crime is scary, and you may feel lonely, isolated, and afraid of what may happen. Your attorney will advocate for you, and will act as your confidant during the entire process.
Being convicted with a crime can have lifelong consequences, including jail time, large fines and fees, a permanent mark on your criminal record, and a loss of future opportunities. A conviction may affect your ability to stay at your current job, find future employment, retain custody of your child, pursue higher education, and more. To mitigate the repercussions of a conviction as much as is possible, contacting a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney is highly advised.
Serving Those Who Need Help the Most
Not every criminal defense attorney wants to take a case that may prove very complicated or challenging, whether it involves domestic violence or a homicide. We often provide counsel and representation for clients who are turned away by other attorneys. And we have clients referred to us by lawyers whose respect we have earned because they know our reputation for being aggressive when it comes to our clients’ rights. Our Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorneys can help you today.
Reach Out to Us Today for a Free Case Consultation
How can our dedicated, skilled Fort Lauderdale criminal defense and federal crimes attorney help you?
If you have been charged with or arrested for a crime, or if you believe you are under investigation, the most important thing you can do to protect your rights is to obtain legal representation. Talk to us. To learn more about what we can do for you, please contact us online or call us at 954-761-9411 to schedule a free initial consultation. Kevin J. Kulik, P.A. is located near the state and federal courthouses. If you cannot come to us, we can arrange to meet with you at the jail or prison or at your home, let our Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney, with nearly three decades’ worth of experience defending those who have been charged with crimes in our state, help you.